Accessible categories are notable for their importance in other areas of mathematics, be it through combinatorial model categories in homotopy theory or abstract elementary classes in model theory, with large cardinal axioms from set theory often thrown into the mix. The goal of this workshop is to bring together practitioners from these different fields to try to break down barriers and build new connections.
The workshop is supported by the School of Mathematics of the University of Leeds and the EPSRC through the project Bringing set theory and algebraic topology together.
Schedule of talks, titles and abstracts, and links to slides
- Joan Bagaria (Barcelona)
- Tibor Beke (U Massachusetts, Lowell)
- Will Boney (Harvard)
- John Bourke (Masaryk, Brno)
- Carles Casacuberta (Barcelona)
- Stamatis Dimopoulos (Bristol)
- Shoshana Friedman (Kingsborough, CUNY)
- Victoria Gitman (Graduate Center, CUNY)
- Javier Gutierrez (Barcelona)
- Magdalena Kedziorek (Utrecht)
- Mike Lieberman (Masaryk, Brno)
- Menachem Magidor (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Constanze Roitzheim (Kent)
- Jiri Rosicky (Masaryk, Brno)
- Sebastien Vasey (Harvard)
- Andrés Villaveces (U Nacional, Bogotá)
- Pedro Zambrano (U Nacional, Bogotá)
Registration and Contributed Talks
There is no registration fee, but if you wish to attend, please let us know by emailing email@example.com, with "Accessible categories registration" in the subject line, and your name and affiliation in the message. If you would like to contribute a talk, please send your title and abstract, by June 19th.
Time and Venue
The meeting took place in the School of Mathematics, University of Leeds, from Tuesday the 17th of July until Friday the 20th of July (the week after Category Theory 2018 and the week before Logic Colloquium 2018).
For information on how to reach the School of Mathematics, please read the University instructions or see our location on Google Maps.