Mathematics Department Home
Paul Martin: Reference Section
I tend to assume you know the material in these works, so they
(or some equivalents) are essential reading.
- R H Crowell and R H Fox, Introduction to Knot Theory, (Ginn, 1963).
Here I don't care about KNOTS per se, but this is a handy place to
learn about some basic topology and geometry...
- fundamental groupoid
- regular projection
- M Hamermesh, Group Theory, (Dover).
- J Kogut, An Introduction to Lattice Gauge Theory and Spin Systems (Rev Mod Phys, 1979).
- E Lieb and Mattis, Mathematical Physics in One Dimension, (AP).
- E E Moise, Geometric Topology, (Springer).