I am a Marie Curie Fellow and a University Academic Fellow (UAF) at the University of Leeds . See HERE for a description of my Marie Curie project SINGREP.
Before coming to Leeds, I was a Post Doc Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, working with Prof. Karen Smith .
Even before, I was an FWF Erwin-Schroedinger fellow at the University of Toronto where my mentor was Prof. Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz .
During the spring semester 2015 I was a a post doctoral fellow at the Mittag-Leffler Institute (Stockholm, Sweden) for the Program Representation Theory and spring 2013 I spent as a research member at the MSRI in Berkeley for the Program Commutative Algebra . I graduated 2012 from the University of Vienna , where my thesis advisor was Prof. Herwig Hauser.
Leeds Algebra Seminar
In 2018-19 I am the organizer of the Algebra Seminar at the University of Leeds. The schedule of forthcoming talks can also be found here .
I am not teaching in Semester I 2018/19. For previous teaching see here .
commutative algebra, (noncommutative) algebraic geometry, representation theory, singularity theory, homological algebra, cluster algebras
Short Curriculum Vitae
University Academic Fellow at University of Leeds, UK, 2017- now
Post Doc Assistant Professor at University of Michigan, USA, 2015-2017
Post doctoral fellow at University of Vienna, Austria, Summer 2015 (Return phase of Schroedinger fellowship of the FWF )
Post doctoral fellow at the Mittag-Leffler Institute, Djursholm, Sweden, Spring 2015 (Program Representation Theory).
Post doctoral fellow at the University of Toronto, Canada, 2012-2015 ( Schroedinger fellowship of the FWF )
Research Member/Post doc at MSRI Berkeley, USA, Spring 2013 (Program: Commutative Algebra )
Post doctoral fellow at University of Vienna, Austria, 2012 ( L'Oreal fellowship )
PhD in Mathematics (Promotio sub auspiciis praesidentis rei publicae March 2012, Defensio October 2011), University of Vienna, Austria. PhD thesis Normal crossings in local analytic geometry (advisor: Prof. Herwig Hauser ).
MSc in Mathematics November 2007, University of Innsbruck, Austria. Master thesis Torische Varietäten, Explosionen und das Newtonpolyeder (advisor: Prof. Herwig Hauser ).
An extensive CV is here .
- Mutation of friezes (with K. Baur, S. Gratz, K. Serhiyenko and G. Todorov), Bull. Sci. Math. 142 (2018), 1--48. arXiv:1612.05374[math.RA] .
- Noncommutative resolutions of discriminants (with R.-O. Buchweitz and C. Ingalls), In Representations of Algebras , volume 705 of Contemp. Math., pages 37-52. Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2018. arXiv:1702.00791[math.AG] .
- Computing global dimension of endomorphism rings via ladders (with B. Doherty and C. Ingalls), J. Algebra, 458 (2016), 307-350. arXiv:1508.06287[math.RT]
- Chern classes of splayed intersections (with P. Aluffi), Canadian J. Math 67 (2015), 1201--1218. arXiv:1406.1182[math.AG]
- Noncommutative desingularizations and the global spectrum of commutative rings (with H. Dao and C. Ingalls), Alg. Represent. Theory 18 (2015), no. 3, 633--664. Journal link or arXiv:1401.3000[math.AC]
- Characterizing normal crossing hypersurfaces, Math. Ann. 361 (2015), no. 3-4, 995--1020. Journal link or arXiv:1201.6276[math.AG] or PDF
- Splayed divisors and their Chern classes (with P. Aluffi), J. London Math. Soc. (2) 88 (2013), 563--579, arXiv:1207.4202[math.AG] or Journal link
- Measuring singularities with Frobenius: the basics (with A. Benito and K.E. Smith), in Commutative Algebra: Expository Papers Dedicated to David Eisenbud on the Occasion of His 65th Birthday Springer 2013, 57--97, see PDF
- Towards transversality of singular varieties: splayed divisors, Publ. RIMS 49 (2013), 393--412, arXiv:1201.2186[math.AG] or PDF
- Blowups in tame monomial ideals (with D.B. Westra), J. Pure and Applied Algebra 215 (2011),1805--1821. See arXiv:0905.4511[math.AG]
- Today's Menu: Geometry and Resolution of Singular Algebraic Surfaces (with H. Hauser), Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 47 (2010),373--417. See PDF
- The magic square of reflections and rotations (with R.-O. Buchweitz and C. Ingalls), arXiv:1806.04600[math.GR]
- Non-commutative resolutions of toric varieties (with G. Muller and K.E. Smith), arXiv:1805.00492[math.AC] , submitted.
- A McKay correspondence for reflection groups (with R.-O. Buchweitz and C. Ingalls), arXiv:1709.04218[math.AG] , submitted 2018. (Here is the current state of the art, and here from last year. Also see the extended abstract in Oberwolfach Reports: PDF)
- Normal crossings in local analytic geometry, PhD thesis, Universität Wien, 2011. (Advisor: V.-Prof. Dr. Herwig Hauser) PDF (A5 booklet version)
- Torische Varietäten, Explosionen und das Newtonpolyeder, Diploma thesis, Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, 2007. (Advisor: Ao.- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Herwig Hauser) PDF
- RRAGE: Ragnar's Ramifications in Algebra and Geometry Emerging (A conference to celebrate the work of Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz), July 8-12, 2019 at the Fields Institute, Toronto. Organizers: Eleonore Faber, Marco Gualtieri, Colin Ingalls.
- WINART2-Women In Noncommutative Algebra and Representation Theory May 20-24, 2019, at University of Leeds. Organizers: Karin Baur, Georgia Benkart, Eleonore Faber, Ellen Kirkman, Chelsea Walton.
- Interactions between Commutative Algebra, Representation Theory, and Algebraic Geometry: a conference in memoriam Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz March 19-23, 2019, at Universität Münster, Germany. Organizers: Eleonore Faber, Lutz Hille.
- Special session "Commutative algebra and algebraic geometry" at CSASC2018 September 11-14, 2018, Bratislava, Slovakia. Organizers: Alberto Fernando Boix, Eleonore Faber.
- Workshop "Geometric algebra: bridges between commutative algebra, noncommutative geometry and representation theory" July 6-10, 2015 at the Fields Institute, Toronto. Organizers: Jason Bell, Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz, Eleonore Faber, Colin Ingalls. Videos from the talks can be viewed here .
Free divisor gallery
ADE surface gallery
Snapshot from Oberwolfach (with R.-O. Buchweitz): Swallowtail on the shore
| Contact information