I eventually plan to write some thoughts about mathematics, which will appear here. I have, of course, been saying this for some time now, however.
I used to spend some time on MathOverflow but not so much anymore.
Other people's writings
- Mathematics under the Microscope
- Non-commutative geometry blog
- Terence Tao's weblog
- Tim Gowers's weblog
- Secret blogging seminar
- The n-Catgeory Cafe
- The Unapologetic Mathematician
- Explaining Mathematics
Now, some specific "opinion pieces" that I want to keep a link to.
- Math OverFlow
- Representation Theory of Algebraic Groups
- JSX Graph -- Not really writing, but very good!
- A guest post at Deltoid about a weather and climate change mini-conference I attended in St John's.
- Data Is Nature - Visualisation.
Some links (to mathematical things).
- Rattleback (Wikipedia) - As demonstrated by Keith Moffatt in a talk at Leeds.
- Euler's disk
- Peter Liepa - Wonderful mathematical pictures and videos, and also the creator of Boulder Dash, a childhood favourite of mine!
- Jos Leys - Mathematical images.
- Rinus Roelofs - Mathematical artist and sculpture.
- Optical illusion - Blog about, well, Optical illusions.
- Mathematical paintings and sculptures - Another blog.
- Abstract Sculptures - Collection of links to artists work.
- Bridges - Supporting art and mathematics