16th ARTIN Meeting
University of Leeds, Friday March 14 - Saturday March 15, 2008
- The sixteenth meeting of Algebra and Representation Theory In the North will be held in the School of Mathematics at the University of Leeds.
- Here is some information on getting to the School of Mathematics at Leeds.
- Funding is provided by the Edinburgh Mathematical Society, the London Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust.
Friday March 14, 2008
- 15:00-15:30 : Tea/coffee
- 15:30-16:30 : Alison Parker (Leeds), Some properties of the symplectic blob algebra. (Roger Stevens Lecture Theatre 16).
- 16:30-17:00 : Tea/coffee
- 17:00-18:00 : Volodymyr Mazorchuk (Glasgow), Quadratic duality and applications. (Roger Stevens Lecture Theatre 16).
Saturday March 15, 2008
- 10:00-11:00 : Maud De Visscher (City). The blocks of the Brauer algebra. (MALL 1/2, School of Mathematics Level 8).
- 11:00-11:30 : Tea/coffee
- 11:30-12:30 : Hugh Morton (Liverpool), Mutants with extra symmetry. (MALL 1/2, School of Mathematics Level 8).
To be held at Akmals, 235 Woodhouse Lane (on Woodhouse Moor close to the University), 7pm on Friday night.
Registration, acommodation and transport
To register, please send an email to
There are still accommodation and meal places available.
Please include the following information:
- Whether you would like overnight accommodation on the Friday night (some rooms at 38 pounds, some at 57 pounds if they run out).
- If you are planning to come to the conference meal.
- Whether you are requesting expenses for accommodation/travel (please give a rough idea of travel costs).