EPSRC LWEC Network
University House, University of Leeds, 8th-10th January
Thank you to everyone who participated in the final network
meeting. Presentations will be uploaded to the event
webpage shortly. Please contact Tiffany with any
Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, 3rd-6th April 2017
The second Maths Foresees study group took place in April
2017, hosted by the Turing Gateway to Mathematics at the
Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge. Over the course of four
days, mathematical and environmental scientists explored
real challenges posed by companies operating in the
environmental sector. Further details of the challenges and
an event report can be found on the event
1) JBA Trust: A risk-based analysis of small scale, distributed, “nature-based” flood risk management measures deployed on river networks.
2) Environment Agency: Estimating ﬂood probability bands using flood event data.
3) Environment Agency: Understanding the effects of spatial rainfall patterns on flood events.
4) SWECO: Hydraulic modelling of collection networks
5) Environment Agency: Making Decisions Using Probabilistic Flood Forecasts.
St Leonard's Hall, Edinburgh, 5th-7th September 2016
Held at the Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, 21st-24th September 2015 in collaboration with the PURE network
Held at the University of Leeds, 18th-20th May 2015The first Maths Foresees general assembly featured presentations from network members and end-users of environmental research, including HR Wallingford, Fugro GEOS and Risk Management Solutions. The meeting closed with a stimulating talk from Professor Dano Roelvink (UNESCO-IHE, Delft). Two mini-workshops were held on the themes of deep convection, and rapid inundation modelling and uncertainty, which have since led to further collaborations.