University of Leeds
Workshop on the Dynamics of Continuum Systems
Monday, 19th March, 2001
Abstracts are hyperlinked to the speakers below.
Lectures will take place in the Roger Stevens Building, adjacent to
Mathematics. All lectures will be for 30 minutes, except
that of Tom Mullin, which is taking the place of the Applied Mathematics
NOTE the variation in Lecture Theatres.
Lecture Theatre LT13
Paul Matthews (Nottingham)
- Not the Ginzburg-Landau equation:
Pattern formation with a conservation law
Steve Tobias (Leeds)
- Convective and absolute instability and the breakup of
Lecture Theatre LT11
Arun Holden (Leeds)
- Defibrillation as the elimination of spiral waves
Lecture Theatre LT16
Tom Mullin (Manchester)
- Imperfect dynamics
- 4.00: TEA (Level 9, School of Mathematics)
Dwight Barkley (Warwick)
- The dynamics of twisted scrolls
John Merkin (Leeds)
- Flow-generated structures in chemical systems
Contact Steve Tobias (email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
or Alastair Rucklidge (email: A.M.Rucklidge@leeds.ac.uk ) for further details.
<< Move to
Where to Find Us
Page created by email@example.com
Last updated 15th February, 2001.