UK Nonlinear News,
Nonlinear Dynamics and Spectra of Molecules
A Workshop at the Mathematics Research Centre, University of Warwick
Tuesday 18th - Friday 21st March 1997
The workshop will review recent work on the nonlinear classical and
semi-classical mechanics of symmetric systems and their applications
to the dynamics and spectra of molecules and atoms. Major themes
Particular emphasis will be placed on exploring possible applications of
of recent theoretical developments and on discussing problems for which
new theoretical work is needed.
- Geometrical and topological approaches to the dynamics of molecules
- Using classical dynamics to predict and interpret spectra
- Symmetry aspects of semi-classical quantization of regular and
- Applications to small highly symmetric molecules
Participants are expected to include:
M.S. Child (Oxford) J.B. Delos (William & Mary)
G.S. Ezra (Cornell) S.C. Farantos (Heraklion)
N.C. Handy (Cambridge) E. Heller (Harvard)
J.S.W. Lamb (Warwick) A.D. Lewis (Warwick)
L. Michel (IHES) J.A. Montaldi (Nice)
R. Prosmiti (UCL) R.M. Roberts (Warwick)
D.A. Sadovskii (U du Littoral) B.T. Sutcliffe (York)
J. Tennyson (UCL) B. Zhilinskii (U du Littoral)
The workshop is being organized by Mark Roberts and Jonathan Tennyson.
Further details about programme will be circulated later this year.
- To be included in the mailing list, potential participants should
- Elaine Greaves or Peta McAllister
- Mathematics Research Centre
- University of Warwick
- Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
- e-mail: elaine
Partially supported by the London Mathematical Society and the EPSRC
CCP6 on Heavy Particle Dynamics.
<< Move to
UK Nonlinear News
Issue 6 Index Page
Last Updated: 4th October 1996.