UK Nonlinear News
Issue Thirty Six: May 2004
UK Nonlinear News home page
for information on receiving UK Nonlinear News
and on how to
articles and news items for future issues.
Articles and Reviews
Recent Theses, Jobs, and Publishers' Announcements
- A listing of publishers' announcements carried in
previous issues of UK Nonlinear News
Meetings, Conferences and Events
Meetings and Conferences
- Conference Announcements.
- 8th Experimental Chaos Conference (14-17
June 2004, Florence, Italy)
- Modelling of Neuronal Dendrites
(18th June 2004, Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Symmetries and
Integrability of Difference Equations: EuroConference on Analytic
Difference Equations, Special Functions and Quantum Models on the Lattice
(19-24 June 2004, Helsinki, Finland)
- NCTS 2004 International Conference on
(23 - 28 June 2004, Taiwan)
- Jornades d'introducciĶ als Sistemes
DinĀmics (28 June to 3 July 2004, Barcelona, Spain)
- 3rd International School on Topics
In Nonlinear Dynamics (Discrete Dynamical Systems and Applications) (7-9
July 2004, Urbino, Italy)
- Pattern Formation and Nonlinear
Dynamics (July 8th 2004, University of Surrey).
- LMS meeting on Scalar Mixing in
Fluid Flows and Mappings
(9th July 2004, Exeter)
- Summer School & Conference
Complexity in Science and Society
(14-26 July 2004, Patras and Ancient Olympia, GREECE)
- ICMS Workshop on Mathematical Issues in Nonlinear Optics: Guided
Waves in Inhomogeneous Nonlinear Media (18-24 July 2004, Edinburgh)
- Topological Structures and Their
Applications in Physics and Biology
(2-12 August 2004, Durham).
- 2nd Seminar of BioMathematics
(11-13 August 2004, Lima, Peru).
- Algorithms for Macromolecular
Modelling IV (18-21 August 2004, Leicester UK).
- 8th International Workshop on Variable
Structure Systems (VSS'04) (6-8 September 2004, Vilanova i la Geltru,
- EPSRC Summer School on Cell
adhesion and migration: the interface with tissue engineering (6-10
September 2004, University of Nottingham)
- 5th IFAC Workshop on Time-Delay Systems (8-10 September, 2004, K.U. Leuven,
- Piecewise Smooth Dynamical
Systems: Analysis, Numerics and Applications (13-16 September 2003,
University of Bristol)
- Tutorial/Research Workshop on
Nonlinear Speech Processing: Algorithms and Analysis
(13-18 September 13-18 2004, Vietri sul Mare (Salerno), ITALY).
- Summer School on Mathematics
in Biology and Medicine
(20-24 September 2004, Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal).
- Advanced Summer School on Nonlinear
Waves in Fluids: Recent advances and modern applications (September 20-24
2004 CISM, Udine, Italy)
- Self Organization in
Nonequilibrium Systems (24-25 September 2004, Belgrade, Serbia)
- Symposium Henri Poincare
(7-9 October 2004, Brussels, Belgium).
- Hamiltonian systems, Control
and Plasma Physics (HSCoPP'04)
(21-23 October 2004, Frejus, France).
- Mathematics in Industry Study Group
2005 (24-28 January 2005, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand)
- 13th annual conference of the
Association of Computational
Mechanics in Engineering.
- Conference Listing.
- A comprehensive listing of mathematics conferences is
maintained by the American
- A list of Dynamical Systems Conferences is available at SUNY
- A Dynamics
Calendar is maintained at Muenchen (Germany).
Mathematics and Computer Science Conferences Database.
- The SIAM
Conference Schedule is a listing of meetings and
conferences organised by SIAM.
Symposia Web Site.
Issue Thirty Seven: August 2004
Issue Thirty Seven is scheduled for 2nd August 2004. Submission of
news (new courses, meetings, conferences, new appointments, jobs,
new research directions etc.), comments or articles about any
aspect of nonlinearity in the UK are very welcome and should
arrive by Wednesday 28th July.
All material should ideally should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Format: submissions will be converted to HTML, so feel free to
include any WWW links. We have an automatic converter for LaTeX,
and for several other word processor formats. Plain text email is
If necessary, paper copy can instead be sent to
Professor Jaroslav Stark,
Department of Mathematics
Imperial College London
180 Queen's Gate
<< Move to UK Nonlinear News start
Last updated: 19 June 2004
UK Nonlinear News