UK Nonlinear News
Issue Thirty Five: February 2004
UK Nonlinear News home page
for information on receiving UK Nonlinear News
and on how to
articles and news items for future issues.
Articles and Reviews
Recent Theses, Jobs, and Publishers' Announcements
- A listing of publishers' announcements carried in
previous issues of UK Nonlinear News
Meetings, Conferences and Events
Meetings and Conferences
- Conference Announcements.
- LMS Scheme 3 meeting on Mathematics in
Medicine and Biology (18 February 2004, Loughborough University)
- One Day Ergodic Theory Meeting (26
March 2004, University of Surrey)
- Workshop on Analysis and Continuation of
Bifurcations (19-21 May 2004, Seville, Spain)
- 8th Experimental Chaos Conference (14-17
June 2004, Florence, Italy)
- Symmetries and
Integrability of Difference Equations: EuroConference on Analytic
Difference Equations, Special Functions and Quantum Models on the Lattice
(19-24 June 2004, Helsinki, Finland)
- 3rd International School on Topics
In Nonlinear Dynamics (Discrete Dynamical Systems and Applications) (7-9
July 2004, Urbino, Italy)
- ICMS Workshop on Mathematical Issues in Nonlinear Optics: Guided
Waves in Inhomogeneous Nonlinear Media (18-24 July 2004, Edinburgh)
- 8th International Workshop on Variable
Structure Systems (VSS'04) (6-8 September 2004, Vilanova i la Geltru,
- EPSRC Summer School on Cell
adhesion and migration: the interface with tissue engineering (6-10
September 2004, University of Nottingham)
- 5th IFAC Workshop on Time-Delay Systems (8-10 September, 2004, K.U. Leuven,
- Piecewise Smooth Dynamical
Systems: Analysis, Numerics and Applications (13-16 September 2003,
University of Bristol)
- Advanced Summer School on Nonlinear
Waves in Fluids: Recent advances and modern applications (September 20-24
2004 CISM, Udine, Italy)
- Self Organization in
Nonequilibrium Systems (24-25 September 2004, Belgrade, Serbia)
- Conference Listing.
- A comprehensive listing of mathematics conferences is
maintained by the American
- A list of Dynamical Systems Conferences is available at SUNY
- A Dynamics
Calendar is maintained at Muenchen (Germany).
Mathematics and Computer Science Conferences Database.
- The SIAM
Conference Schedule is a listing of meetings and
conferences organised by SIAM.
Symposia Web Site.
Issue Thirty Six: May 2004
Issue Thirty Six is scheduled for 5th May 2004. Submission of
news (new courses, meetings, conferences, new appointments, jobs,
new research directions etc.), comments or articles about any
aspect of nonlinearity in the UK are very welcome and should
arrive by Wednesday 30th April.
All material should ideally should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Format: submissions will be converted to HTML, so feel free to
include any WWW links. We have an automatic converter for LaTeX,
and for several other word processor formats. Plain text email is
If necessary, paper copy can instead be sent to
Professor Jaroslav Stark,
Department of Mathematics
Imperial College London
180 Queen's Gate
<< Move to UK Nonlinear News start
Last updated: 13 January 2004
UK Nonlinear News