UK Nonlinear News,
Full Conference Listing
New Directions in Dynamical Systems 2002
(ICM 2002 Satellite Conference), 5-15 August 2002.
- Ryukoku University (August 5-9, 2002) and
Kyoto University (August 11-15, 2002), Kyoto, Japan.
- About the conference: The objective of the
conference is to stimulate the exchange of
new ideas in various fields of dynamical systems. Any field of
dynamical systems theory will be treated in NDDS2002, with special
emphasis on new directions of research for future development.
The topics include: smooth dynamical systems, complex dynamical
systems and foliations, ergodic theory, Hamiltonian systems,
low-dimensional dynamics, topological methods, rigidity,
The organising committee intends to select such new topics
and invite the most suitable speakers possible. Every participant
will have the opportunity to give a contributed presentation.
Young researchers and students are therefore particularly welcome
to take part in the conference.
The conference will consist of two parts: The first week
is mainly formed by series of lectures on selected topics. This will
be held at Ryukoku University, Fukakusa campus (south part of Kyoto
city) from August 5th to 9th. The second week is formed by invited
and contributed talks including short communications, which will
be held at Kyoto University (north-east part of Kyoto city) from
August 11th to 15th.
- The International Conference on
Biology (a satellite meting of ICM-2002), 15-18
- Guangxi Normal University, Guilin, Guangxi Province, P.R.
- Symposium on Nonlinear Dynamics in Polymer Systems,
8-13 September 2002. Part of the
American Chemical Society National Meeting
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Reactive & Nonreactive Systems
- Temporal and Spatial Self Organisation
- Theory, Simulation and Experiment
- Intrinsic nonlinearities in polymeric systems
- Polymers coupled to nonlinear systems
John A. Pojman and
Qui Tran-Cong (
- Virus Dynamics,
23-25 September 2002.
- Magdeburg, Germany.
- Information: The aim of this workshop is to bring
together leading research groups to discuss the present state and
future developments in "Virus Dynamics". Biologists, engineers,
physicians and mathematicians will find a forum for presenting issues
of common interest and a platform to share ideas on experimental and
theoretical aspects of virus replication and immune response.
- Note: UK-NLN was unable to access the
given URL for this meeting.
- EMACS 2002,
30 September - 3 October 2002.
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- 3rd International Symposium on
Analysis, 10-11 October 2002.
- Rome, Italy.
- Information: The conference aims to integrate
interdisciplinary research from scientific fields such as statistics,
signal processing, biomedical informatics, data mining and
biometrics for biomedical data analysis.
Conference on `Quasiconvexity and its Applications,
14-16 November 2002.
- Department of Mathematics, Princeton University.
- Purpose: This conference,
which marks the 50th anniversary of C. B. Morrey's landmark paper on
Quasiconvexity, will bring together a carefully selected group of
speakers representing a broad spectrum of views on quasiconvexity and
its applications at the highest level. At the same time it will provide
an excellent opportunity for postdocs and PhD students to enter the
- Introductory lectures on quasiconvexity will be given by John Ball on
12-13 November. Louis Nirenberg (Courant Institute) will speak on his
personal recollections of C.B. Morrey at the conference dinner.
- The conference is supported by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, the
Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics at Princeton University
and also forms part of the Oxford-Princeton Mathematics Research
- International Conference on
Engineering Computation , (IC-SEC 2002)
3-5 December 2002.
- Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore.
- Purpose: IC-SEC 2002 aims to create a forum for
engineers and scientists who are involved in the use of high
performance computers, advanced numerical strategies, computational
methods and simulation in various scientific and engineering
disciplines. The conference also offers participants a platform to
present and discuss latest trends and findings or simply to
learn about the state-of-the-art in their particular field(s) of
- 4th MATHMOD -4th IMACS Symposium on
5-7 February 2003.
- University of Technology Vienna, Austria.
<< Move to UK Nonlinear News Issue 27 Index Page.
Last Updated: 1st August 2002