UK Nonlinear News,
Full Conference Listing
Special Research Trimester on Dynamical Systems,
1 February to 30 April 2002.
- Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy.
- Topics. The following broad areas will be covered:
non-uniformly and partially hyperbolic systems, quasiperiodic
orbits, holomorphic dynamics and foliations, interaction between
dynamical systems and biology, interaction between dynamical systems
and physics (including celestial mechanics)
- First SIAM Conference on
Life Sciences, 6-8 March 2002.
- Boston, MA, USA.
- Midwest Dynamical Systems, 5-7 April 2002.
- University of North Carolina-Asheville, USA.
- Second SIAM International Conference on
Data Mining, 11-13 April 2002.
- Hyatt Regency, Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia, USA.
EGS XXVII General Assembly,
21-26 April 2002.
- Nice, France.
- NP4. Nonlinear time series analysis
- Convener: I. Gilmour.
- Co-Conveners: H.U. Voss and C. Ziehmann
- Modelling and predicting geophysical systems requires an understanding
of the properties of the underlying dynamics and continues to motivate
the development of nonlinear time series analysis tools. Examples
range from cases when only a single, possibly short time series with a
non-Gaussian distribution is known to situations when the relevant
quantities have to be extracted from large multi-variate spatial data
sets. This session is intended to provide a forum for those interested
both in new analysis methods (including data based empirical
prediction models) and in the application of these tools to
geophysical data (be it the output of numerical models, data observed
from laboratory experiments or 'real world' observations).
We would like to encourage you to submit a paper or a poster to this
- SIAM Conference on
Optimization, 20-22 May 2002.
- Toronto, Canada.
- LMS Invited Lectures: Random matrices, random permutations and matrix
integrals, June 2002.
- University of Leeds, UK.
- Hawaii International Conference on
5-9 June 2002.
- Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, Waikiki, Honolulu Hawaii, USA.
- Fourth International Conference on
Complex Systems, 9-14 June 2002.
- New England Complex Systems Institute, Nashua, NH,
- SIAM 50,
8-12 July 2002.
- Philadelphia Marriott Hotel, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- First International Conference on
Problems, 14-21 July 2002.
- Fethiye, Turkey.
- XXII Dynamics Days
Europe, 15-19 July 2002.
- Heidelberg, Germany.
- Scope: The focus of the conference will be on new
developments in modelling, mathematical foundations, applications
- 29th International Symposium on
21-26 July 2002.
- Keio Plaza Hotel Sapporo, Hotel Polestar Sapporo,
Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
- Tenth International
Congress on Computational and Applied Mathematics, 22-26 July 2002
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Gordon Research Conference
Oscillations & Dynamic Instabilities in Chemical Systems,
28 July - 2 August 2002.
- Queens College, Oxford, UK.
New Directions in Dynamical Systems 2002
(ICM 2002 Satellite Conference), 5-15 August 2002.
- Ryukoku University (August 5-9, 2002) and
Kyoto University (August 11-15, 2002), Kyoto, Japan.
- About the conference: The objective of the
conference is to stimulate the exchange of
new ideas in various fields of dynamical systems. Any field of
dynamical systems theory will be treated in NDDS2002, with special
emphasis on new directions of research for future development.
The topics include: smooth dynamical systems, complex dynamical
systems and foliations, ergodic theory, Hamiltonian systems,
low-dimensional dynamics, topological methods, rigidity,
The organizing committee intends to select such new topics
and invite the most suitable speakers possible. Every participant
will have the opportunity to give a contributed presentation.
Young researchers and students are therefore particularly welcome
to take part in the conference.
The conference will consist of two parts: The first week
is mainly formed by series of lectures on selected topics. This will
be held at Ryukoku University, Fukakusa campus (south part of Kyoto
city) from August 5th to 9th. The second week is formed by invited
and contributed talks including short communications, which will
be held at Kyoto University (north-east part of Kyoto city) from
August 11th to 15th.
- The International Conference on
Biology (a satellite meting of ICM-2002), 15-18
- Guangxi Normal University, Guilin, Guangxi Province, P.R.
- Symposium on Nonlinear Dynamics in Polymer Systems,
8-13 September 2002. Part of the
American Chemical Society National Meeting
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Reactive & Nonreactive Systems
- Temporal and Spatial Self Organization
- Theory, Simulation and Experiment
- Intrinsic nonlinearities in polymeric systems
- Polymers coupled to nonlinear systems
John A. Pojman and
Qui Tran-Cong (
<< Move to UK Nonlinear News Issue 27 Index Page.
Last Updated: 5 February 2002.