UK Nonlinear News
Issue Eleven: February 1998
UK Nonlinear News home
page for information on receiving
Nonlinear News by email, and on how to
contribute articles and news items for future issues.
Articles and Reviews
Recent Theses, Jobs, and Publishers' Announcements
- Recent Theses
- Situations Vacant in Non-Linear Mathematics:
- Studentships (Cambridge, Surrey)
- Fellowships (Bath; Brigham
Young University, United States; EC Postdoctoral
Texas, United States; Western Australia, United
- Lectureships (Cambridge;
Edinburgh; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
United States; Surrey)
- Chairs (Edinburgh, Liverpool)
- Publishers' Announcements
(UK Nonlinear News
would like to carry reviews of these books in future issues).
- A comprehensive listing of
publishers' announcements carried in previous issues of
UK Nonlinear News
Announcements of Conferences and Meetings
- North British Differential Equations
Seminar. (27 February 1998, Glasgow).
- TIMSAC (Time Series and Applications) Study
Group meeting. (12 March 1998, London).
- Seventh International Conference on
Numerical Combustion. (30 March - 1 April, York)
- British Applied Mathematics
Colloquium. (6-9 April 1998, Uxbridge, England).
- Nonlinear Phenomena in Complex
Systems. (14-17 April 1998, Minsk, Belarus)
- UK Spatially Extended Dynamics Organisation
Meeting (24 April 1998, London).
- Summer School on Nonlinear Phenomena
. (1-6 June 1998, French Alps).
- Diffraction '98.
(2-4 June 1998, St. Petersburg, Russia).
- Dynamical Systems and Small
Divisors. (13-20 June 1998, Cetraro, Italy)
- School on Dynamical
Systems: From Crystals to Chaos. (29 June - 4 July 1998,
- Conference on Dynamical Systems
From Crystals to Chaos. (6-10 July 1998, Marseilles, France.)
- Mathematics and Physics of
Higher-Dimensional Solitons. (20-30 July 1998, Durham)
- Nonlinear Analysis and Convex
Analysis. (28-31 July 1998, Niigata, Japan)
- Modeling and Analysis in
Medicine and Biology. (6-8 August 1998, Ann Arbor, USA)
- Symmetry and Perturbation
Theory. (16-22 December 1998, Rome, Italy)
Conference Announcements listed in Previous Issues
Issue Twelve: May 1998
Issue Twelve is scheduled for 4th May 1998. Submission of news
meetings, conferences, new appointments, jobs, new research directions etc.),
comments or articles about any aspect of nonlinearity in the UK are very
welcome and should arrive by the Wednesday 29th April.
All material should ideally should be sent by email to
Format: any material will first be converted to HTML, so feel free to include
any WWW links. We have an automatic converter for LaTeX, and for several other
wordprocessor formats. And of course plaintext email is also fine.
If necessary, paper copy can instead be sent to
Dr. Jaroslav Stark,
UK Nonlinear News,
Centre for Nonlinear Dynamics and its Applications,
University College London,
London, WC1E 6BT, UK.
<< Move to UK Nonlinear News
Last updated: 29th January 1998