UK Nonlinear News
This meeting has been POSTPONED due to a rail strike on July 14.
It will now take place on Wednesday 20 September 1995
A one-day meeting at University College London.
Wednesday 20 September, 11 am-6 pm
Atoms and molecules continue to provide some of the best theoretical and
experimental probes of the shadowy border between classical and quantum theory.
The meeting is aimed at a general physics audience and postgraduate students in
particular, and will provide a broad review of existing problems at the
- Quantum Chaos in Atoms & Molecules
- Atomic spectra in the limit of classical chaos, quantum suppression of
chaos. Time-dependent and time-independent systems. Quantum scars and spectral
- Beyond the Schroedinger Equation
- Do we now understand wavefunction collapse and quantum jumps ?
Two new approaches - Consistent histories and Quantum State Diffusion: are
they consistent ? Possible atomic tests.
- Quantum Dynamics
- Wavepacket dynamics in atoms and molecules. Theory and experiments.
Beyond the Schroedinger Equation:
- D. Delande (Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris)
- D. Richards (Open University)
- J. Tennyson (University College London)
This event will be held in Room A1 at the Dept of Physics & Astronomy,
University College London, Gower St., London WC1E 6BT
- I. Percival (Queen Mary & Westfield College)
- J. Halliwell (Imperial College)
- B. Garraway (Imperial College)
Participants should register and book accomodation by contacting the meeting
organiser. There will be a registration charge of #7.50 (#5 IOP/CCP2 members,
Meeting jointly sponsored by The Atomic and Molecular Physics Division of the IOP
- Meeting organiser:
- Dr. T.S. Monteiro
- Mathematics Department,
- Royal Holloway University of London,
- Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX,
- Tel.: 01784 443097 Fax: 01784 437520
<< Move to
UK Nonlinear News: Volume One Issue One
Page created by James Heald
Last Updated: 20 June 1995.